We Build Everything
Digital Signature Certificates (DSC)
Digital Signature Certificates (DSC) are the electronic format of physical or paper certificates. Digital Signature Certificate is a secure digital key that is issued by the certifying authorities. DSC is used for the purpose of validating and certifying the identity of the person holding this certificate.
Digital Signature Certificates cannot be forged and cannot be copied by any other person. It is a secure way of signing documents and is password protected.
A Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) contains information about the user’s name, pin code, country, email address, date of issuance of the certificate, and name of the certifying authority. The validity of DSC is up to 2 years.
Benefits of a digital signature certificate
- Helpful in authenticating the personal information details of the individual holder while conducting online business.
- Reduced cost and time as we can digitally sign the PDF files and send them much more quickly.
- The Digital Signature certificate holder does not have to be physically present to conduct or authorize a business
- Documents that are signed digitally cannot be altered or edited after signing, which makes the data safe and secure.
- The government agencies often ask for these certificates to cross-check and verify the business transaction.
- The authenticity of documents gives confidence to the receiver to be assured of the signer’s authenticity. They can take action on the basis of such documents without getting worried about the documents being forged.
Types of DSC
Initially, there were 3 types of DSC namely class 1, class 2, and class 3 DSC. Which use differently for different purposes but nowadays on and after 1st January 2021 there is only one Class of DSC Is applicable i.e, Class 3 DSC for all purposes.
Uses of DSC
- MCA e-filing
- LLP registration and e-filing
- Income Tax e-Filing
- GST Return Filing
- For Import Export Code
- Patent and trademark e-filing
- Customs e-filing
- Other PDF and agreements signing
Documents Required for DSC Apply
- Copy of Pan Card
- Copy of Aadhar Card
- Passport size color photograph (in JPEG format)
- Phone No. (Linked with Aadhaar if any)
- Email Id
Procedure Followed for DSC Registration:
- Application for DSC Creation
- Mobile OTP Verification
- Email Verification Link
- Video Verification (Video will be made by Applicant)
- Approval Of DSC
- Download the DSC in Tokan